Monday, June 2, 2008

I hate june with such a passion

So, this Shakespeare dude once wrote a play about Julius Caesar getting jumped by 12 senators or something. The most famous line from that play is "Et tu, Brute?", which is what Caesar (who I have to imagine is feeling kind of low about being knifed by 12 dudes) says to some dude named Brutus.

A slightly less famous line is "Beware the Ides of March", which is supposed to be some dramatic foreshadowing of the knife attack... ides is the middle of the month, and Caesar is teamkilled in the middle of March.

For me, it's been the Somewhere Around the Ides of Fscking June. If something unfortunate is going to happen, this is when it always seems to hit. Deaths of folks I care about, car wrecks, sickening crunching sounds coming from my ankle, system compromises, and Martian Crust Devils launching an invasion of Earth. All happen in June.

The Ides got off to an early start this year by having me do my own little rendition of "Dude, where's my car?" when I tried to leave for work this morning. 2 months ago, I'd finally snagged a Trailblazer LTZ with the color I wanted, the exact perfect feature set, and managed to finagle a more-than-reasonable price for it. Looks like someone else thought it was a good deal, too.

So I got to spend the day talking with cops, insurance people, and car salesman to get a replacement lined up. Ended up heading back behind the wheel of an F150, and I'm back in the land of V8's and wide turns. \o/

And I'm fully expecting this sucker to explode in a ball of flame on the 15th.

No comments: